LAWVO is committed to protecting your privacy! In this Policy, ‘we’, ‘our’, or ‘us’, refers to LAWVO and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The Policy (i) describes the personal identifiable information (the ‘Personal Information’) that we may collect through the Lawvo Website, (ii) explains the purpose of collecting and the use of such Personal Information, and (ii) explains how and when we may share it.
The collection of Personal Information by LAWVO is limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by us. Information is collected by fair and lawful means only.
We are responsible for all Personal Information under our control, whether supplied to us directly by you or by a third party, or that we have provided to a third party for processing. We have established policies and procedures to comply with our Policy, and have designated a Privacy Officer who is responsible for ensuring we comply with privacy legislation. If you need to contact our Privacy Officer regarding your specific privacy questions or concerns, please see the contact information at the end of the Policy.
LAWVO collects your Personal Information directly from you for the following purposes:
• to communicate with you, including responding to your questions or inquiries in relation to our blog posts and/or your comments
• to market or remarket products or services, either directly, through loyalty partners, affiliates, third party service providers, or advertisers
• to understand your product and service needs
• to allow us to operate the Lawvo Website in accordance with our Conditions of Use available here.
• to allow us to investigate, assess, defend and provide information to your legal representative
• to manage and assess our risks, operations and relationship with you
• to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, governmental and contractual requirements
• to detect and prevent fraud
• to communicate with you, including responding to your questions or inquiries
• to analyze business results, compile statistics, perform administrative tasks such as accounting and information system activities and conduct marketing and underwriting research and modeling
• to train employees and monitor for quality assurance
• to facilitate the exchange of corporate and employee information to and from your legal representative to provide legal services to you;
• to facilitate the exchange of medical and health information and other Personal Information to and from your legal representative.
• to act as required or as authorized by law
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law. If we require your Personal Information for any purpose other than as identified above, LAWVO will seek your consent prior to using it.
Subject to certain legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may refuse or withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer. In addition, you may also opt out of certain communications we may send you regarding other products and services.
Specifically the following personal data is collected by or on behalf of Lawvo:
Data provided by users. This includes:
• User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Lawvo accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license and other government identification documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities, such as through facial verification technologies. Background check and identity verification
• User content: We collect the data submitted by users when they contact Lawvo customer support provide ratings or compliments for other users. This also includes metadata relating to the method you use to communicate with Lawvo.
Data created during use of our services. This includes:
• Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, payment transaction information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method.
• Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, and type of browser. We may also collect data regarding the third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services, which we use for marketing. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
• Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, advertising identifiers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
• Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Lawvo through websites. For example, we enable customers and service providers to text, video conference, send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Lawvo receives some data regarding the texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications but not the contents of any communications that are subject to legal privilege. Lawvo may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our services and features, and for analytics.
Unless required by law, LAWVO will not collect, use or disclose Personal Information without obtaining your consent first. Your consent can be “implied” or “express”. Implied consent refers to conduct which demonstrates voluntary provision of Personal Information, for example, when you provide Personal Information for the purpose of an inquiry or a comment on our blog posts. Express consent refers to circumstances where you are provided with explicit disclosure regarding the nature of the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information
The specific types of Personal Information that we may collect to fulfill the purposes identified above include:
• name, address, email address, telephone number facebook, twitter and Instagram handles;
• date of birth, gender, family and marital status;
• banking and financial information;
• professional or employment-related information;
• medical and health information
Where permitted by law, you may be given the option to give your express consent for us to access your credit information from a credit reporting agency. We will use this credit information to assess risk, provide you with a quote, and determine your eligibility for premium discounts. While you are a customer, we may continue to retrieve your current credit score from time to time, while you remain a customer of ours, unless you withdraw your consent for us to do so.
The Lawvo Website may also contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Protecting your Personal Information is very important to us, so we have taken the necessary organizational, technological and physical safeguards to protect it. When you submit sensitive information via the Lawvo Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees and contractors who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Unless you consent otherwise or it is required by law, Personal Information can only be used or disclosed by us for the purposes for which it was collected. We keep Personal information only as long as required to serve those purposes.
Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes is destroyed, erased or made anonymous. LAWVO has developed and implemented detailed retention principles, and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
There are situations specific to our business where we will use, disclose and retain Personal Information as dictated by prudent business practices. Examples of these situations include:
• Storage of Information: transfer of Personal Information to cloud providers;
• Regulatory: compliance with legal, audit and other regulatory or governmental regulations.
We may internally share your Personal Information for the purposes identified in this Notice with its employees, affiliates or other related companies outside of Canada. Only such companies with legitimate business reasons will have access to your Personal Information and must ensure that Personal Information in their possession is held securely. We may also use service providers located outside of Canada to collect, use, disclose or store personal information. Where we do so, we will contractually require such third party to employ the appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal information, subject to the law in the third-party jurisdiction. While the personal information is in another jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. The jurisdictions where personal information may be collected, used, disclosed and stored include the United States of America. To obtain further information about our policies and practices with respect to privacy, you may contact our Privacy Officer as indicated below.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers, third-party loyalty partners, and third-party advertisers. Third parties are also subject to applicable privacy legislation. Only those companies or individuals who are authorized, based on their need to carry out work for the purposes identified herewith, can have Personal Information disclosed to them.
We may transfer any Personal Information that we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We try to ensure that the Personal information that we collect is accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible in order to properly satisfy the purposes for which it is to be used. If we are unable to verify your Personal Information or contact you, we may be limited in our ability to provide you with our services.
Upon request, LAWVO will provide an explanation of its Policy with respect to the management of Personal Information. You can contact our Privacy Officer with any inquiries or complaints or if you require further information.
LAWVO will investigate all written complaints. Should we find that a complaint has reasonable grounds, we will take all appropriate steps to correct the information and amend the policy or practice as required, and will notify the individual about the outcome.
From time to time, we may update or make amendments to the Policy to comply with any changes in legislation or to take into consideration any other issues that may arise. Should we make any changes, we will post the revised Policy on the Lawvo Website and/or provide you with a link or an email notification. We encourage you to check back often and keep yourself informed about our Policy. As we continue to serve you and where changes have been made to this Policy, our continued business relationship constitutes acceptance of those changes.
LAWVO welcomes any questions, comments or inquiries. Our preference is that you communicate with us through electronic means. You may contact our Privacy Officer regarding your specific privacy questions or concerns at:
E-mail for our Privacy Officer: email@example.com
E-mail to opt-out of Commercial Electronic Messages: firstname.lastname@example.org