Know your rights before paying tickets or pleading guilty. Get a LawVo highway traffic legal professional to help you understand your rights and help you avoid the consequences of a highway traffic ticket conviction.
The Highway Traffic Act (HTA), which regulates drivers on Ontario roads. The purpose of the HTA is to protect those who use Ontario’s roads. The HTA imposes a number of duties and obligations upon drivers and passengers.
Getting traffic tickets is common and many people will simply pay the ticket. However, you may be surprised to learn that paying the fine is an admission of guilt, which will lead to hidden consequences that can impact you for many years. Paying fines or pleading guilty to any offence can have the following consequences:
- Demerit points, which can lead to suspensions of your driver’s license
- Major increases in your insurance premiums for even a minor traffic ticket
- Stays on your driving record for many years
- Non renewal of your auto Insurance
- Limiting your choice of auto insurance provider
There is a way to lessen the impact of these offences or eliminate them altogether. Contact a LawVo highway traffic specialist to help you avoid the pitfalls and consequences of these highway traffic offences including:
- Red light – proceeding before the green light
- Driving a motor vehicle with no currently validated permit
- Disobeying stop sign (failing to stop)
- Driving while holding a handheld communication device